Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Teacher Guilt

It occurs to me that I haven't been around here much this week! Sorry y'all! I haven't forgotten about you, I've just been super busy. You see, I had this brilliant idea on Sunday night to clean my office... and... well... here it is Wednesday and my office is an even BIGGER mess, because I decided to completely rearrange and reorganize it.

I never (ever) do anything half-way.

Anyway, in the process, I completely disappointed some of my students. I bought some lovely smiling shamrock stickers last year, and I ended up forgetting about them completely when St. Patrick's day rolled around. This year, however, I remembered and got them out! Except then I decided to clean my office, and... you guessed it, misplaced the shamrock stickers. Shame on me.

AND... We didn't play my St. Patrick's day game at all today. It's all good and well, we've been playing it all month, but lessons today went by SO FAST! It honestly felt like my kids walked in the door and walked right back out.

To relieve some of this guilt, I told all of my students that we'll celebrate St. Patrick's day next week. Mostly because I am NOT holding onto those stickers for another year. No way, no how.

Despite all of this, I DID remember to wear green today.

Anybody else having "one of those days?" (Or, in my case, "one of those weeks.")

No comments: