Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Listening Room Project

One of the things I have been stressing recently in my camps, classes and lessons is a love and appreciation for classical music. You would be surprised (I know I was) at the way my students sit riveted listening to and watching performances of classical music. I started working a week or so ago on a project for my students - a "Listening Room" on my studio website. I have scoured the internet, searching for good music for them to enjoy, without having ot pay tons of money.

I put this list of links to different orchestras, ensembles and performers that make recordings of their concerts available free of charge. Please feel free to share this list with your students and blog readers! All I ask is that you link back to my blog, and if you know of any other sources, pleases share them with us in the comments section!

No comments: